No member will be denied participation because of financial need. To be considered, you MUST complete our scholarship application and send in the required documents in order to be considered for assistance.
2019-2020 Season Financial Aid Deadline – August 23rd, 2019 (no exceptions)
Checklist for applying for Financial Assistance:
- Complete the online application.
- Mail, fax or email a copy/scan of your most recent Tax Return to the EPSYO Office at P.O. Box 180, El Paso, TX 79942. Or fax it to (915) 533-8162.
- All forms must be completely filled out, and no applications will be reviewed until all documents are received.
How is financial aid awarded?
- FOR NEW AND RETURNING APPLICANTS:
- Once you have completed the application and submitted supporting documents to the EPSYO office, you application will be prepared for review by the Financial Award Committee. Once review is complete, you will be notified of your award via email and in writing.
- Aid is dispersed using a sliding scale formula taking into account your family’s Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) and number of dependents in your household using the tenants used in Texas and across the country for free and reduced lunch assistance programs: https://fns.usda.gov/school-meals/income-eligibility-guidelines
- FOR RETURNING APPLICANTS: Your financial award will be based upon several criteria, including, but not limited to:
- Your child’s attendance and citizenship in the EPSYO program;
- Adherence to the guidelines of the EPSYO program, set forth in the Membership Handbook/Agreement;
- Participation in EPSYO fundraisers (a requirement of all those receiving financial aid through the EPSYO);
- Meeting the minimum volunteer hours (10) set forth in Financial Aid Agreements.